Friday, September 10, 2010

Laura Maddy

Laura holds a USAC Cat 1 mountain bike license and has been racing off-road for 6 years.

2014 Race Bike: Kent Eriksen Full Suspension Ti

Favorite Race: Pisgah 111k in North Carolina, Trans Sylvania Epic in Pennsylvania, and Breck Epic in Colorado. 

I love riding and racing on rugged single track through forests and wild places, and over roots and rocks, with friends and fellow racers.  Mountain biking for me is my favorite form of play and also an opportunity to clear my head and heart through nature and community.  Racing adds another dimension to play and peacefulness.  I look to race myself - to push the boundaries of my abilities, to suffer well and with humor, and also to share in that experience with the community of racers.


2014 Race Results

May
4rth, Women 40+, Pisgah 111k 5/17/2014, Laura Maddy


April
3rd, Open Women, Big Frog 65 4/26/2014, Laura Maddy


January & February Winter Short Track Series Charlotte, NC
4th place, Pro/Cat1 Women, Charlotte Winter Short Track #3, Laura Maddy