Sunday, September 8, 2013

Christy Blakely

Christy Blakely holds a USAC Cat 2 license and this is her first year racing as a mountain biker.

2014 Race Bike:  Eriksen 650B hardtail

Why race?   " I have traditionally been a road rider and raced aggressively on the road during the 2008, 2009, and 2010 seasons, primarily focusing on criterium racing.  I took a few years off racing to take advantage of career opportunities and to let a severe pinched nerve in my neck heal.  I have been married for 4 years to my long-time friend and riding companion, John Koury.  My husband has encouraged my discovery of mountain biking and we have increasingly enjoyed trail riding together.  In 2014, I look forward to advancing my mtb technical skills and challenging myself in cross country races and team relay/duo endurance events."